KSW 43 took place Saturday, April 14 in the beautiful city of Wrcolaw, Poland.
You can rewatch the event live from anywhere in the world live on www.KSWTV.com
for up to 72hours after the event.
Main Event - Welterweight Title
Dricus Du Plessis (12-1) def. Roberto Soldic (13-3) via KO (punches), round 2, 1:36.
- In what was an incredible and high quality contest we saw Dricus Du Plessis get crowned the new KSW welterweight champion. The first round was even with Soldic arguably getting the better of the exchanges during the first half of the round and Du Plessis, with his grappling, controlling the second half. In round two though, Du Plessis landed a counter left and pounced on Soldic to get the finish. View picture gallery here
Co-Main Event - Middleweight
Damian Janikowski (3-0) def. Yannick Bahati (8-4) via TKO (head kick & punches), round 1, 0:18.
- Janikowski simply came out and overwhelmed Bahati with strikes to get stoppage and an incredible win, early in the first!! View picture gallery here
Vacant Heavyweight Title
Phil De Fries (15-6) def. Michal Andryszak (20-7) via TKO (ground and pound), round 1, 3:38.
- Andryszak came out like a freight train but De Fries held on and weathered that storm. He used his grappling to get into top position and reign down elbows and punches until the ref stopped the contest. View picture gallery here
Featherweight: Salahdine Parnasse (11-0-1) def. Artur Sowinski (18-10) via unanimous decision.
- He just keeps getting better. At just 20-years-old the undefeated French youngster Salahdine Parnasse scored his eleventh and biggest win to date. He showed incredible composure and skill that would rival a fighter years his senior and never looked in any danger as he hit Sowinski with an array of kicks and punches from all angles. Great performance and win over a former champion. View picture gallery here
Welterweight: David Zawada (16-3) def. Michal Michalski (6-3) via submission (rear-naked choke), round 3, 0:48.
- Michalski landed big in the first round and the arena erupted in support of their hometown fighter. However, Zawada held on until the end of the round and then started a comeback in the second and began growing into the fight. At the begining of the third he secured a trip takedown before sinking in the rear-naked choke. View picture gallery here
Lightweight: Norman Parke (24-6-1) def. Lukasz Chlewicki (14-8-1) via unaimous decision.
- In what was his best performance inside the KSW cage Norman Parke dominated veteran Lukasz Chlewicki to a one-sided decision. Parke landed kicks and combos throughout the fight and almost finished the fight in the second round but Chlewicki, who is known for his durability, held on and weathered the storm. View picture gallery here
Bantamweight: Antun Racic (21-8-1) def. Kamil Selwa (10-7) via unanimous decision.
- In another tough three round fight in KSW, Antun Racic walked away with the decision victory. The German-based Croatian fighter looked very solid on the feet and comfortable on thr ground throughout en route to another win inside the KSW arena. View picture gallery here
Lightweight: Maciej Kazieczko (4-1) def. Maciej Kalicinski (3-1) via unanimous decision.
- Maciej Kazieczko won the battle of the Maciej’s in the opening bout of the night. The two propsects fought a back and forth fight with some really thumping kicks landed but ulitimately with two knockdowns and some more control in general it was Kazieczko who was awarded the unanimous decision. View picture gallery here